The aims of Burnsall School are based on our mission statement and are designed to ensure the spiritual, moral, social, cultural and intellectual development of all our pupils.
1. We want all children to be happy, enjoy school and develop a love of learning which will stay with them throughout their lives.
2. We want our children to become independent learners with lively enquiring and creative minds.
3. Through a broad balanced curriculum we want our children to achieve the highest standards of which they are capable. We want to encourage our children to have high expectations of their learning.
4. We want our children to develop self-respect and respect for others and to know their ideas are listened to and valued. We want them to be good listeners prepared to discuss and respect the beliefs of others.
5. We want them to feel proud of what they do at school in all aspects of school life.
6. We want to provide a secure caring environment within which teaching and non-teaching staff can work with parents to achieve these aims.
Burnsall VA Primary School is committed to ensuring the welfare and safety of all children in school. All North Yorkshire schools, follow the North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board procedures. The school will, in most circumstances, endeavour to discuss all concerns with parents about their child/ren. However, there may be exceptional circumstances when the school will discuss concerns with Social Care and/or the Police without parental knowledge (in accordance with Child Protection procedures). The school will, of course, always aim to maintain a positive relationship with all parents. The school’s child protection policy is available publicly. Our 5 C’s of;
Care ~ Consideration ~Courtesy ~Concentration ~Co-operation
are interwoven throughout our school life. They are based on Christian Values and help us to fulfil the aims of the school.